Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Faith! ... Food ... Fertility

Faith
We have been SNOWED in for the last few days and I am sure we will be here a few more. I have really enjoyed this time at home because I have been able to spend more time reading my Bible. Since I have more time on my hands, being at home ALL day, I have made listening and reading my priority. I will admit that talking less (praying/dumping on God) is challenging, but I just gain so much more from listening and reading. I love to do this during the morning because I seem to be able to apply what is on my heart more throughout the day. I feel like I have been Singing Praises to the Lord so much during the days. I am also reading What Southern Women Know About Faith by Ronda Rich. There are a few of us reading it before our winter retreat. Our retreat is at the end of the month and it is going to be AMAZING. I can just feel it already. I know I have plenty of things I could be doing around the house and for work...too bad! I am enjoying my time with the Lord.

Food
I recently started the 17 day diet. I have not done so wonderful. Okay, I have been horrible. Two of my sweet friends from work are doing it also and I know they have been better at it than me. I have a hard time being told what and when to eat. I have done Weight Watchers and have used LiveStrong.org in the past and I did super with both of them, but I am having such a hard time with this diet. I know part of the problem is being stuck inside. Honestly, I am not sure where my motivation has gone. I know I need to lose the weight, but I have nothing to work towards. I need to come up with some rewards or goals or something!


Fertility
Our journey has taken a few turns. We began the IVF process in June and the actual IVF cycle in November. We didn’t even make it to the egg retrieval when the process had already failed. The doctors did not prescribe me the correct amount of medication; therefore, my follicles did not mature like they were supposed to. Needless to say we were very disappointed and discouraged. The doctors strongly encouraged and persuaded us to complete the cycle with IUI since we had used the stimulation medication (with the other IUI’s we had not used the injections) and had at least 5-8 mature follicles it would be worth the shot. It too failed. This was another deflation of hope. I know this is all part of God’s will, but it is very challenging for us. Please pray that we are able to hear God regarding what to do next. This is another reason why I like to just listen. Sometimes I get this sweet feeling of hope that says “Remember I can perform miracles…just trust in me.” Along this journey we have received incredibly encouraging cards from some dear friends and our family. I read them often to remind me of God’s love and His strength. Thanks for your kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment