Monday, July 5, 2010

Prayers and Listening

Our weeks have been very busy and God was in all of it! Have HOPE, OBEY the Lord, be PATIENT, and you will be BLESSED. I spent several times just being quiet with the Lord and these key words continued to surface. I know this seems simple and should be obvious, but I have lost, the much needed, HOPE somewhere along our journey and the Lord was able to show me that during this week. I have felt lead to study Romans and Isaiah.

HOPE and PATIENCE:

Romans 5: 1-5

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulations worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

BLESSINGS AND OBEY:

Isaiah 66: 22-23

For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

This verse is constantly brought to my heart:

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like shepards: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
I am praying about it. I am not sure what the Lord wants me to do with it. Ha!

I am still praying about fasting. I have read a few different chapters in the Bible about it and I am praying for clear direction regarding it.

Though I have been spending more quiet time with the Lord, I am still working on actually being quiet and just listening. It is truly challenging because I feel like I have so much to pray about....I just have to keep telling myself He already knows everything on my heart. I think I am going to do my listening in the morning and my "listing" at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment